Team, you know the drill, it’s mid week and we’re gearing up again for another great turnout for this Saturday’s (March 30) touch rugby game in Adams Morgan.
Let us know if you’re joining by commenting on this post. We’ll start at 10am as usual and if you want to come earlier, we’ll be warming up and practicing at 9:30am. Weather is looking good for the weekend and seems like we’ll actually start playing in the 40/50s rather than 30s for a change! Looking forward to seeing you there!
In the meantime, here are a few tips, tricks and food for thought for the game:
- Communicate well with your team for a better chance of knowing who the dummy half will be and who will get the ball.
- Take the touch! Running up, taking the touch and quickly playing the ball will give you more ground than giving your team mates “hospital passes“.
- Running straight, rather than sideways and backwards, will allow you to gain ground and save time/energy.
- Defend in a line, running up quickly to make the touch without your team mates will leave gaps in the defensive line.
- Try not to bunch up by standing too close to your team mates. Passing is quicker than running and will give you space to draw and pass or try basic moves such as the wrap or cut.
- And as always, have fun!
Have any other tips? Post them in the comments!